In addition to its audio production services, SlothWerks’ Underground Production Studio also offers motion picture film transfers and digital video editing services. Our work includes:
- Digital video mixing and editing
- Format conversion (AVI, Quicktime, DivX, Mpeg-1 through 4, H.261-4, Windows Media Video, and more)
- Digital slideshow presentations from photos, videos, and documents
- Digital transfers from home video cameras to digital format or DVD
- DVD authoring
We take great pride in our film transfers and go to great lengths to preserve the integrity of the originals. Place your treasured, one-of-a-kind memories in our hands knowing that our work is conducted completely in-house… no shipping to production plants! With each film transfer project that comes in our door, we carefully do the following:
- Inspect and clean each reel by hand
- Capture the full frame of film, preserving every inch of picture
- Remove un-exposed or over-exposed sections of film at your request
- Transfer to high-quality digital video file or DVD
We presently offer film transfer services for regular 8mm, Super-8, and 16mm film. Samples of our work are available on our website. Pricing for film transfer is based on film run time. For a convenient chart which compares reel size to approximate playback time, please visit Paul Ivester’s Film Runtime webpage.
For pricing and more in-depth information regarding our work, please check out our price list and frequently asked questions. (These documents are in PDF format and require the freely-available Adobe Reader to view.) You may also submit an order for your project online.